Friday, January 9, 2015

I am blessed!

Hola guapos:)

To start off I want to share what a 6 year old boy told us. We are teaching his mom and sister and he was sitting there and asked if we work, which we said we are missionaries. He said what is that? My companion said, we go around and teach people. He said oh like policemen! haha I am not sure what our relationship to policemen is, but close right? 

We have this young lady who we teach. She has one kid and lives with her boyfriend, but has been wanting to move out. She called us and asked if we could help her move, which we did. We threw all of her stuff into bags, and I couldnt believe how much she had! It kind of looked like a garage sale. But she was really in a rush and needed to leave before her boyfriend got back, so she was calling everyone she knew to help her and to see if she could get a ride and leave her stuff somewhere. We were the only ones that came and she ended up paying a friend to drive all of her stuff 3 minutes to our house. It was really sad to see that she didnt have any support. I feel so blessed to know that I have so many loved ones around me always. But she decided to move back to her parents house a few hours away. I think the church would really help her and her baby. But I am glad that she is going somewhere where she can feel loved and supported again. I hope she will continue to talk to missionaries there. 

I feel like the theme for this week was loneliness. How sad no? But we are teaching this older lady and she livesd all alone and told us how her husband died. She said that all her kids live close, but not a single one comes and visits. She just isn't important in there lives. It is so hard for me to see these people who deserve to be loved and cherished by there family, but have to struggle through life alone. We were glad to share that the church is like a big family too. I know sometimes we arent lucky enough to have a support system, but we all have the responsibiliy to reach out to our hermanas y hermanos in the gospel! Please remember the people less fortunate and be that friend that they may need. As it says in Mosiah 2:17, "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

Well I hope you all have a great week and get the beautiful chance to listen to conference this weekend! 

fotos: I ate a grosshopper! it is something that people eat like chips... and I decided I was going to try it. It tasted like roasted pumpkin seeds at first, then fish! So yeah... weird.  



No comments:

Post a Comment