Friday, January 9, 2015

Smile Smile!

Hola hola! 

Well I am not sure what you have seen or heard on the news , but my mission has officially closed down the state of Guerrero for some bad situations. Which leaves us in Morelos. That is half the mission closed. So every ward now has 4-8 missionaries in Morelos. That is a whole lot of loving for one ward:) But we are all safe and fine. When you're doing the Lord's work and being obedient, there shouldnt be a problem. We are truly blessed. But it does mean that my area was split into two parts, which is a little sad. We had an investigator who was 10 yrs old, Michelle, and she was our favorite! Her parents are less active, but she is so smart and truly loves church. It has been so fun to teach her, she asks lots of questions and just is so excited to learn. We all need to be like kids! She will be getting baptized in 2 weeks, but I sadly had to give her up to the other sisters! But I will for sure be at that baptism:) 

We had a reference from a member to visit her neighbor. Neli, has been to like 5 activities and really likes the church, but whenever she plans to go to church something crazy happens and stops her. We finally got to meet her and went to her house this last week. As we were talking to get to know her, she mentioned a lot about her childhod and how her dad was horrible. I felt very impressed to share the atonement with her and we read together in Alma 7:11-13. I love this scripture because it teaches us that the atonement is not just for our sins, but literally all of our afflictions and hardships as well. I shared how Christ suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross for her, because He loves each and everyone of us so much. As I was sharing this, I felt the Spirit so strong. It was Him affirming to me that He really does love us all and knows each of our situations. My companion after said it was very strong as well. Neli committed to baptism and said she has a big desire to change and come to know God. I have another appointment with her tonight and am so excited to go!  

Well I am excited for another great week and hope you all enjoy yours just as much! 

Les amo,
Hermana Peterson 

ps People say my spanish is better:)


No comments:

Post a Comment