Friday, January 9, 2015

Flower Power

Hola hola amigos! Como están??

This week was full of adventures and walking.. my feet kill! But it's all good. I did have some kids throw a rock at my chest.. that was a first! We were walking past a corn field and I just got nailed. I literally thought it was a "snipe" from girl's camp. They told us snipes spit rocks, but no it was some kids. haha Also I told someone I was Hermana Peterson and they said oh like Peter Pan?? umm... close, but no. 

It was the birthday of one of our convert's wives and we wanted to buy her flowers. We were going around looking for where we could get some. We found this little store that sells food, but had a vase of flowers on the table. We asked where we could buy some like that, the lady said, take them! I dont need them. We said no! and she insisted. So we took her practically dead roses for free! We asked if we could do anything for her and she said come back and talk with me later. We can do that! As we were laughing with our dead, used roses, we decided to pull some flowers and spice them up a bit. It honestly looked ghetto, but she them accepted it happily. The blessing missionaries get! (free flowers) 

But as for the lady who gave us her flowers (Juana) we went back the next day. She was washing her clothes, but stopped to talk to us. She told us her life story and she has gone through some really hard things lately and right now is fighting cancer. That morning, I studied when Jospeh Smith was in Jail and was asking God why he had to face all these trials and in D&C 124:7-8 says "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment. and then if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." I shared this with Juana and then we sang to her "Count your many blessings." It was a really unusual, but a spiritual experience. She really enjoyed our lesson and said we could come back. I felt I needed to invite her to baptism, which I hate doing, it's scary! But I did and failed. I got so nervous that I didnt say anything right and I was even confused, I stopped, took a deep breath and did it again. Which is horrible to do it 2 times and everyone is just looking at me, but she said yes! I am sure that she is a very special soul and was prepared to listen to us. I can't wait to see her progress! 

Well I hope everyone has a very spooky and fun Halloween! Eat lots of candy and party smarty!

Love always,
Hermana Peterson 

pics.. 
our beautiful flowers! 
You know just knocking on doors.. mirrors
yeah we read the BOM on the street




No comments:

Post a Comment