Friday, January 9, 2015

Ignorance has no fear

To start off I just want to say that I love my companion!! We have so much fun together and have the craziest stories only after one week. I would just like you to imagine what our lessons are like, they are so funny! A lot of people in the street call my comp Emma because they cant understand her accent when she says hermana and they think that's her name! At times we will be in lessons and people will ask things and I am just praying that Hna Hellstern understood them and I look at her and she looks just as lost. So yes, it's fun! But we were in a lesson and this family had a million questions. So we started teaching the restoration to help explain a lot of them. But as my comp started explaining Joseph Smith she said... Jose Smith resucito instead of restauro. Which means she told people that Joseph smith resurrected instead of restored the church. I was like NOOO! That lesson was super interesting. Those investigators think we are hilarious. We also have people all the time ask if we are lost. Oh and I unconsciously ate chile de arbol, which is like suicide! I just started screaming WOOOOO! WOW! I had no idea what to do! But everyone else found it pretty hilarious, my lips burned for a pretty long time. But I can actually eat a lot more spicy food now. :)
As for our thanksgiving, I would say it was such a different experience than I am use to. Just from that day I have a whole list of things I am grateful for, because we dont have them! I am grateful for light, toilet paper, warm water, our spanish, and bug spray. We havent had light for a week, warm water for 6 months, toilet paper for a few days (its not my turn to buy it), and my legs are covered with bug bites! But our thanksgiving meal was eggs and beans! Yummmm.
We found this Taxi driver, who is the nicest man. We went to visit him and his family and his house is legit! He has traveled everywhere and has things from Thailand, India, China, Africa... in his house. It's like the first house that I have seen that is so cool. But he use to work for Bimbo (bread company) and now is driving a taxi to get to know people. haha We just sat down with him and had a lesson about Faith. He was very receptive and actually came to church the next day! I dont know if I mentioned this but our church is an hour and a half away from our area! So it is a real sacfrice for people to come to church. But they sure do get a lot of blessings for that. My area is huge!!! It is one of the biggest in the mission, and it has everything! We have a lot of nice apartments to some of the poorest houses I have seen. But I already love it!

Well I hope you all have a great week!
Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Peterson


pics.. for thanksgiving we ate corn flakes without milk bc we didnt have electricy. 
there is a Colorado street and our area has like a jungle that we pass through.






No comments:

Post a Comment