Friday, January 9, 2015

Why do you pray?

My buddies! what is up??

This week was a pretty good week! We worked hard and slept well:) One thing that was really cool is that Saturday night we were walking past a members house and she was talking to her neighbor. She introduced us and we just invited him to church and told him the member would pick him up if he wanted ;) They both agreed and he actually came the next day! That rarely happens. But it was great to have him come and stay for all three hours, he said he liked it. 

But I guess you could say I either had a break down or a break through. I have been frustrated that a lof of people dont complete with their reading or coming to church or whatever. I always pray for my investigators, but it kind of hit me; they have free agency, and neither I nor God can force them to come to church or anything..But I think that can be the hardest part. As a mother, you want your kid to be the best but you cant force him to choose the right. I just was annoyed that I couldnt force people to do what they needed, and i started doubting prayer. I started questioning why do we need to pray if God cant force these people. But I came to realize, I can pray more effectively. I can pray to have them remember to come or to have God touch their hearts... but I cant force God to change people. But the biggest part that I was missing out on was WHY DO I PRAY? As I thought of this, I was missing the big picture. I should pray to communicate with my Heavenly Father. There is no other way to talk with Him except through prayer. I was using prayer as a way to list everything I wanted to change or demands. But that is not how it works. I pray because I am His daughter. I pray because I love Him and He loves me. I pray because I want to talk to Him and He wants to listen! I started thinking about my own dad. When Dad comes home from work, I would literally follow him around the house and tell him all about my day and talk his ear off. I know he always said I talked too much, but still he listened and I knew he cared. That is how I need to talk to God. Just tell Him about my day and INCLUDE Him in my life. I really hope that you never feel unworthy to pray or forget the purpose of prayer, because your Heavenly Father is always there for you and me:)

I love you all very much! Have a great week! :) 

pics.. In our zone all of us americans were camisas típicas (typical shirts for Mexico).

No comments:

Post a Comment