Thursday, June 26, 2014

Transfers!!




I am officially a big girl! My mother (trainer) has left me and I now have a new companion! I am still in Tepoz but my companion is an American. I was a little upset when I was told that, because I really need a lot of work with my spanish. But today I met her, Sister Marx, and she is amazing! She is so bubbly and fun and I can't wait for the work that we have ahead of us! 

Saturday we had a baptism! Raymundo, my little grandpa, is officially a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! The baptism was so simple. We only had 4 members come. He didnt have any friends or family want to come, but we told him that his granddaughters were coming for sure:) (us) But the only part of the baptism that is important is the ordinance and I know that we have the power of God that is needed for this! I have really learned how much I love Raymundo, because I am not wanting to baptize just to have another number, but because I have the chance to bring him closer to Heavenly Father and to his kingdom. What a priviledge I have! Oh and I have learned that Ray actually trusts me now! We had his interview with the Elders and when they were talking (both American) he would look at me for the translation of them. Which is funny because one of them just finished his mission today and his spanish is great! So I am glad that Raymundo trusts me now:) 

I have learned a new saying that I love! "Cabeza de Charlito" It pretty much means ditzy... I heard it and thought it was so funny! My spanish teacher called me Charlito and now I feel offended! just kidding, it's somewhat true! But this week has been crazy with rain! One day we left an appointment to go home and it was just raining a little and then it started pouring! Outside our house with about a foot or two of rain! We were so soaked! I had fun in the rain, but my scriptures got a little wet:( they survived though! All is well. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week! Keep being amazing and share the joy you have with all!
Mucho Amor,
Hermana Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment