Saturday, September 27, 2014

Changing Lives

Buenas tardes! 

This Saturday we had the baptism for Diana. She is the one with the boyfriend that is trying to stop drinking. Her baptism was so great though! My comp and I sang with our District leader and his companion "Ïm a child of God." and for some reason it sounded so amazing! The spirit was so strong at the baptism and we were all just so excited to see Diana take that step towards Christ. It is the best thing to watch your investigators grow. We had a lesson with her last week and her cousin was there and we asked her if she wanted to pray and she said I dont know how. At that moment, Diana took the iniative and taught her how. Hermana Cortez and I just looked at each other as if we were proud of our little daughter. haha But once people start teaching, they do learn more and feel more confident! I am positive she will continue to grow and be a great member of the church. 

When I was with my last companion, I needed hair conditioner and for some reason it is not too popular here. I was trying to find it and could only find shampoo/conditioner combo, Hna Marx said that this would work and gave me a bottle. She cut hair before the mission and I trusted her... I had been using that for about a month or more. Once day I read the directions and it said for body, so then I thought oh crap, it's soap. But a few days ago Hna Cortez asked if she could use it and I said sure. She then started laughing saying this is lotion! So I had been using lotion as hair conditioner for a month!! Man, it would really pay to learn spanish well;) But my hair is nice and soft on a high note! haha 

We did get to go hiking today for P-day up to a pyramid. It was really small and broken, but still... I stood on a pyramid! Cool right?? But the hike was really fun! It was so beautiful and we got lost a bunch of times and climbed mountains, but we lived. Being in the out doors is always a blessing and a reminder to me that God exist and loves us so much to give us the gorgeous nature we have.

Well love you all lots! Have a great week and smile big:) 

Hermana Peterson 




No comments:

Post a Comment