Saturday, September 27, 2014

Army of the Lord

Hola amigos! 

We were at lunch this last week and I was just eating my soup and the member just looks at me and says "Hey Hermana Peterson, do you have a lot of money?" I didnt answer first so she said like are you rich, thinking I didnt understand her. I said umm... no. My companion started laughing really hard and said dont lie! I asked her why and she said I can just tell by the way you eat your food. I asked her what that meant and she said you eat all fancy! and you also look like a doll. At that point I didnt know what to say. I just laughed and said I dont like to get dirty? But I thought I ate like everyone else...

This week we had people keep telling us that we are so different from other missionaries in other churches. We asked them why they thought that and they said it just feels different. When you talk to us, it doesnt feel like you're forcing or convincing us. You are just teaching and helping us. One man couldnt figure out the difference, and said I dont know what it is, but I just like crave for when you come and when it's about time, I get excited to know the sisters are coming! We explained that it was the Holy Ghost and that we are not teaching them anything, it is all the Spirit. How amazing it is that I get to work with the Spirit everyday to help people feel the love of God in their lives! What a priviledge I have to be a servant of the Lord and to know the truth and share it! :)

Yesterday, all of our appointments fell through so we were deciding where to go. I pulled out my agenda and started naming off people. I read all the names and then a small thought came to me to see Julia. I asked Hna Cortez and she said sure. We havent taught her for maybe 2 weeks because she works in Tepoztlan (my old area!) and is going to school as well and has a son. She wasnt able to go to church, so we just stopped by hoping she would be there. We saw her son and he said she wasnt home. Just as we were waiting there, she pulled up in a car! She asked is we here to teach and we said we just wanted to see how she was doing. She looked upset and we said if you have time, we would love to teach. She pulled out the chairs and sat us down all happily. She went on to explain that her and her son pray everyday and she found the Book of Mormon online to listen tp at work and has had the opportunity to talk about the gospel with a lot of her friends and she wants us to teach them as well! We had thought she stopped progressing and wasnt interested because she was so busy, but she was still reading and learning all by herself! It's amazing to find those people who just crave the gospel! I am sure God will help her with her job so she can come to church more. When we show our efforts, he always blesses us:) 

Well I hope you all have a great week and smile big! 

Love always,
Hermana Peterson

pics.. yes, when all the youth play soccer, I color with the kids:)



No comments:

Post a Comment