Wednesday, August 6, 2014

6 months down! Wow :)

Buenas Tardes!
 
This morning I was able to finish reading the Book of Mormon.. in spanish! We finished reading it as a mission in 60 days, so about 10 pages a day. It was a great experience for me. I learned so much from it. I love the stories of the prophets and righteous men and women, I get to look up to. It reminds me that I am not the only one fighting to do what is right, but so many people before me, gave their lives and truly fought for Christ. I love how it has so many stories of missionary work, to encourage me to keep going and help bring people to the truth and joy of the gospel. But what I learned the most is that Jesus is the Christ. He is my Redeemer and Savior. The Book of Mormon tells us all about Christ's gospel and sacrifice for us. He truly loves each and every one of us and wants the very best for us. It shows us the admirable attributes He has and that we need to work to gain these as well. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ! I know The Book of Mormon is the word of God and can bring absolute joy into any person's life, if they just follow the teachings. I am so grateful to have this book in my life and to know of the truthfulness of it.
 
We have an investigator, Diana, and her uncle was baptized about a month ago. She is 19 and has really loved learning and gaining a testimony. She has 2 kids and a boyfriend, Cesar. He was never interested in our lessons and one day he said to listen and watched the Restoration with us. Something that day changed in him. We then started to make goals with him to stop drinking and he has now gone almost a full week without alcohol! Our second lesson with him, we asked him to pray and he said a very simple but so powerful prayer and cried. We decided that we need to see this family every day, as our last lesson of the day. They said how much they love having us there bringing the spirit into their home. Cesar said it just feels different when we are around and he is so grateful for our teachings. It was truly a great experience to see that we are helping a young family come closer to Christ and change their lives!
 
I am so grateful to be a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints and help people find REAL joy in this life! Have a great week. Stay strong and press on!
 
Love always,
Hermana Peterson
 
pics.. these are little ducks! But they have tanks outside that they wash their dishes in and clothes and everything and this one family had fish and ducks swimming in the tank! I thought it was cool until I realized I just ate with them off of dishes that they cleaned with duck and fish poop. ewww.


No comments:

Post a Comment