It is crazy to think I have been in Mexico for a month now! I have loved every bit of it too. There are a few things that I have learned about Mexico that is different from the states...
1. They put their toilet paper in the trash can.... :/
2. there is no carpet
3. Dogs are everywhere
4. the paint 3 feet of the bottom of all trees white
5. Eat lunch at 3 in the afternoon and dinner at 8 or 9
6. Love American music
7. We wash our own clothes on this rock board thing?
8. Every block has the same small store
9. Dont usually have a door bell but just yell HOLA!
10. Everyone wears shirts with English on it, that they dont understand
12. Lots f homes have their own chickens
13. They put chile pepper on everything! (especially fruit)
14. and everyone is very nice and welcoming!
This is just a few random facts of Mexico. But I love this place s much. I cannot stress how amazing the people here are. They are truly s humble and grateful for everyone and love everyone. I have learned so much in my small amount of time!
This week we were able to teach this young man, Jose, who is 18. He is very religious and knowledgable about the Bible. It was so great to teach the first lesson, the restoration, with him. We woud ask ask if he saw the need for prophets today and he would say oh yeah that makes sense because this scripture says this.. or just had a scripture to back up everything we said. It was really cool! We told him that we know this is true and culd talk all day about it, but it is necessary for him to know fr himself and to pray and ask God. I think it is amazing that we speak such grand and inspiring words and still dont just expect people to believe us, but to learn from our Heavenly Father. I know that God answers prayers and if you are doubting any doctrine or commandment it all comes down to asking God. If you believe that the Book of Mormon is true then you believe that Jospeh Smith was called as a prophet of God, then you believe all prophets speak from God and you should follow and obey all of their commandments. It´s a beautiful domino affect! So please pray for youself to know the truth of Jospeh Smith and the Book of Mormon! :)
I hope you all have a great week! I love you and pray for you always.