Thursday, February 20, 2014

Lovin' Life




Hola!

I hope you all had a great experience this past week! I know I for sure have. It's crazy to think I have been here for 2 weeks. It is such an interesting experience. It is not what I had expected at all! But luckily it is better!! 

Valentine's day was different here. Thanks family for sending me valentines! Those were fun getting. And thanks for giving me some to give to my district. It was a fun little treat! The worst thing was every single one of the 8 girls in my district got boxes full of candy and crap! So if we all get fat, we know who to blame! But luckily we get to play volleyball everyday! That is such a nice get away! One of the girls played volleyball for ISU and amazing! So its fun to play with her and try to keep up. But really we just mess around and have a great time!

My companion and I taught our investigator yesterday and it was AMAZING!! We planned out an entire lesson and had it figured out what we wanted to talk about, but we ended up saying an entirely different lesson. It was amazing! I felt complete love for this investigator and just wanted to help him so much. A week ago, i was reading off a piece of paper and it probably still didnt make sense. Now I am just speaking what is coming to my mind and heart! It for sure is not near perfect spanish, but they can figure out what I am trying to say! After the lesson i was so happy I ran into this other district's room and yelled, "I love being a missionary!" What is better than helping people come closer to Christ?? 

My companion said that I was sleep talking and I was speaking spanish. Weird right? This one day, we decided to all study outside since it was a nice day. We were sitting on these chairs and we sang "I'm a child of God." These Elders walked by and we felt really awkward. At the end of the first verse, Hermana Tidwell shouted at them "Now second verse eldersss!" and pointed at them. We were all laughing so hard and the elders just walked by awkwardly. Hermana Tidwell is the funniest girl! She is just crazy! She keeps us all on our toes for sure. 

In one of my lessons last week, my investigator asked about the difference of baptism and my companion started answering and we didnt know enough spanish to be able to say anything we wanted to, so it got awkwardly silent. I didnt know what to say, so i just said Dios es amor! Which is God is love. It had nothing to do with the lesson and was just dumb to say, but it was pretty funny! Gotta love those awkward moments! 

I never picked my plaque scripture before I left, so I was thinking about it and I came to a scripture that I love.

 Alma 29:9 
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

I love this so much, because I know that everything I have learned , I could not do without the help of my Father in heaven! I have so much joy from the gospel and all I want is to share the complete joy of Christ with everyone. I feel so blessed to be able to be God's hands and participate in such a marvelous work. I know that this gospel is true and I absolutly love it! I know that God will answer all of your questions and will be with you through every trial and hardship. He is your Father and loves us all so much. 

I hope you all have a fantastic week! 

Mucho Amor,
Hermana Peterson

Spanish word of the day... Dios es amor! (God is love)  

picture is of my zone and the other is my companion:)

No comments:

Post a Comment